As spring travelers search for vacation destinations that bring fun, sun, and family time, it is easy to see why Big Sky is a popular choice! If you haven't yet planned a spring trip to Big Sky, then it is time to add it to your to-do list! As inspiration, here is our guide to spring in Big Sky!
Big Sky Resort has some of the best ski slopes around! The latter half of ski season always brings bluebird days and perfect conditions, making it a great time for snow sports. You’ll adore the soft yet stable snow, short lines, and sunny skies! The slopes stay open until late April, so you can ski and snowboard all spring long! Pack your sunscreen and get ready to have the time of your life!
Other Popular Spring Activities
- Snow tubing is fun for all ages. It is the perfect way to spend a snowy afternoon with the family!
- Snowshoeing is a calm wilderness adventure that allows you to get up close and personal with the spring landscape. You can book a 2 hour tour through Big Sky Resort.
- If you want to spend some time inside, then you should visit a local art gallery! Sun Valley has a number of fantastic galleries to explore, all with different mediums and focuses!
- Warmer days means more variety in available activities. If it isn’t too cold when you visit, then you should go for a hike! Lemonknob Loop is a great, moderate hike to start with.
- Get out on the water! Early spring is the perfect time to go fly fishing, while later spring is ideal for whitewater rafting!
- Try to spot iconic Montana animals, which are most visible in the spring! At the entrance to Big Sky (off Highway 191), you'll often see bighorn sheep, and in nearby Yellowstone, you can spot elk, coyotes, and bison!
- Attend Big Sky Big Grass! This annual music festival will take place March 31-April 3, 2022. There will be lots of great music! Don't miss it!
What's your favorite spring activity in Big Sky? Tell us in the comments!